« Previous Page

STANFORD UNIVERSITY – SCHOOL OF EDUCATION

Stanford, CA

Stanford University hired BCCI as general contractor to make significant structures, seismic and life safety improvements to this historic building located on the Central Campus. Built in 1937 from unreinforced masonry, structural steel and concrete, this four-story structure houses the Cubberley Auditorium, the Education Library, undergraduate and graduate lecture halls, small classrooms, and administrative offices. The library on the 2nd floor was simultaneously renovated by BCCI with infrastructure upgrades, mechanical and electrical upgrades and new finishes. BCCI’s construction team engaged in a detailed logistical planning process to minimize disruption to students and faculty while the project was underway which allowed the building to remain open and operational during construction. This challenging retrofit and renovation project preserves the historic quality of the building and allows for continued use by the School of Education.

Architect: Perkins + Will
Project Size: 96,000 sf
Date Completed: October 2009