BCCI Construction Company has completed a multitude of successful campus projects, ranging from new construction to extensive infrastructure and interior renovations. Leading Bay Area businesses have chosen to partner with BCCI for project planning, construction, and sustainability services because of our specialized approach to complex, time-sensitive projects; our unique understanding of client requirements; and our process to mitigate impact and disruption on neighboring tenants.
Case Study: Cisco Systems
Building a Unified Work Environment to Support a Diverse Workforce
As part of a larger effort to renew and upgrade its campus headquarters, Cisco Systems engaged BCCI to renovate several buildings in Milpitas and San Jose over the last few years.
- BCCI renovated over half a million square feet of office space for Cisco including new lobbies, conference rooms, pantries, game rooms, and open workspaces.
- The refreshed three and four-story office buildings emphasize collaboration and flexibility and feature unique global design elements with invigorating color palettes and patterns — from Japanese cherry blossoms to Himalayan mountain peaks.
- To reduce costs, existing materials were reused such as existing acoustical ceilings; modular DIRTT wall systems were integrated into the space in lieu of hard walls; and an alternative support system has been used for glass wall partitions instead of heavy structural steel.
- Detailed logistics plans ensured there were no disruptions to ongoing operations in laboratories that remained occupied during construction or in neighboring buildings.
- Projects were fast-tracked to meet Cisco’s real estate objectives and move employees back into the newly upgraded work environments as quickly as possible. And all projects were completed as planned, on-budget and on schedule.
Additionally, year after year, BCCI completes significant campus projects across the Bay Area for Google, Adobe Systems, Ellie Mae, and SAP Labs among many other industry-leading companies. No matter the size, BCCI makes sure that each project is successful by meeting clients’ financial goals; translating architects’ visions; and coordinating trades to ensure projects are seamlessly executed and completed to a high standard of quality.
Learn more about campus construction by downloading BCCI’s tip sheet.
“The place looks amazing, and I am proud to attach my name to this project. This was a massive team effort and everyone was definitely firing on all cylinders and committed to working together. Special thanks to BCCI as this was their first project on campus and they literally knocked it out of the park on all levels!”
Sr. Project Manager
Jones Lang LaSalle for Cisco Systems