Job Title: Senior Project Manager
We are specifically looking for a Senior Project Manager who has Downtown Los Angeles experience in high-end Tenant Improvement projects and solid relationships with local subcontractors.
Provide overall construction/business management direction for single and/or multiple projects to ensure quality control, profitability and client satisfaction. Primary objective is to ensure client satisfaction by understanding and communicating the client’s vision/objectives for the project, producing on time project delivery, and meeting client’s established budget. Manage the overall direction of the project from preconstruction through closeout including contractual and specification documentation compliance, advising on constructability issues, setting quality standards, managing team collaboration, and meeting or exceeding the project’s forecasted profit goals. Provide training and direction to direct reports. Contribute to company’s culture, mission and values through thought leadership and actions.
Representative Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assume project responsibility from preconstruction through closeout to include but not limited to client relations, subcontractor relations, constructability, team collaboration, project schedule, reports and budgets. Set up and maintain all documents that will pertain to the project to ensure procedural and contractual compliance.
- Initiate and maintain positive working relationships with clients, architectural/engineering contacts, consultants, subcontractors, vendors and other project team members. Maintain effective working relationships within the various departments of the Company.
- As assigned, provide an accurate monthly job cost commitment report, over/under billings and cash flow projection for active projects. Review, monitor and analyze monthly job cost commitment reports, over/under billings and cash flow projections created by the Project Manager in order to provide them with direction, mentoring and management to achieve overall project objectives for quality and profitability.
- Assume responsibility for the monthly billing procedure to ensure it is completed in a timely and accurate manner; set up project billing projections at start of project, review and approve subcontractor invoices and verify timely collection of receivables.
- Provide job closeout notification and checklist to Project Closeout Specialist at least two weeks prior to project completion. Follow up with Specialist to ensure project closeout is completed in a timely and accurate manner, within four weeks after project completion.
- Represent BCCI at all times in a professional manner that is consistent with the company’s values, including maintaining current project-specific knowledge, being prepared for project meetings, proactively communicating with the project team, and meeting deadlines and commitments.
- Contribute to company’s culture, mission and values through thought leadership and actions.
- Manage subcontractor performance in conjunction with Field Operations and take action to resolve performance issues.
- Collaborate with on-site Superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule, within budget and meets or exceeds quality standards and client expectations.
- Adhere to Company policies, procedures and performance standards.
- Recommend departmental and project process improvements to increase effectiveness, efficiency and productivity.
- Facilitate internal and external Lesson’s Learned meetings and distribute information to Directors and team members.
- Participate in the marketing process, including presentations, RFP responses and attending industry events.
- Provide direction and training for the development of Project Managers and Assistant Project Managers assigned to the team or project.
- Perform other projects and duties as assigned.
To perform job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- College degree in construction management, architecture, engineering, and/or other related fields or equivalent work experience.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of construction, design, finance, management, estimating cost controls, scheduling and contract management.
- Working knowledge of software programs, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Timberline, Procore, CMiC a plus.
- 10 years of construction management experience with a demonstrated progression of increased responsibility in project management.
- 5-7 years in managing staff.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the responsibilities of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
This employee generally performs this work in an office environment. The noise conditions are usually minimal to moderate.
The Company offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Health Savings Account, Healthcare Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, 401(k) retirement plan with employer match, Life & AD&D Insurance, Long-term Disability Insurance, Short-term Disability Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Home & Auto Insurance, Family Support, Pre-tax Paid Parking/Public Transportation, Paid time off, Time Away Benefits, 10 Paid Holidays, Group Legal, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Identity Theft Protection, Pet Insurance, Employee Assistance Program
Disclaimer: The salary and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
EEO Statement: BCCI is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
The salary range for this position is $170,000.00 – $200,000.00.